Here are some of the most abundant nutrients
(100 grams) contains:
Vitamin K: 26% of the RDA.
Folate: 20% of the RDA.
Vitamin C: 17% of the RDA.
Potassium: 14% of the RDA.
Vitamin B5: 14% of the RDA.
Vitamin B6: 13% of the RDA.
Vitamin E: 10% of the RDA.
• You can add Avocado
• Cut in half, remove the stone, scoop out with a spoon
and eat with salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar.
• Blends well with various other ingredients like salt,
garlic and lime.
2 unpeeled cucumbers, 2 avocados, 1 cup vegetable
broth, 2/3 cup each of milk, 2 Tbsp of chopped onion, 1 Tbsp of
lemon juice and a pinch of cayenne blended and boiled.
• Stuff Avocado with tuna, chopped onion, lemon juice and
• Avocado great with Black Bean Salad.
Creamy Avocado Juice
1 ripe avocado
1 cup (236 ml) cold milk, any variety
1 Tbs (15 g) sugar, honey, or sugar substitute (if desired)
Start with 3 ripe avocados mashed
to a chunky consistency in a bowl.
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
½ small sweet white onion, minced
1 ripe Roma tomato, seeded, diced
2 serrrano peppers, seeded if desired, diced
Cilantro, chopped, optional
Salt and pepper, to taste
Health benefits of Avocado
1. Avocados are high in mono-unsaturated
fats and calories. However, they are very rich in dietary
fiber, vitamins, and minerals and packed with numerous health
benefiting plant nutrients.
2. Avocado helps lower bad cholesterol and
increase good-cholesterol and thereby prevents coronary artery
disease and strokes.
3. Avocado is a very good source of soluble
and insoluble dietary fiber and prevents constipation.
4. It has beneficial anti-inflammatory, anti-ulcer
and anti-oxidant properties.
5. It plays a role in anti aging.
6. Vitamin A and K benefit women during pregnancy.
7. Avocados are also excellent sources of minerals
like iron, copper, magnesium, and manganese. Magnesium is essential
for bone strengthening and has a cardiac-protective role as well.
Iron and copper are required in the production of red blood cells.
8. Fresh avocado pear is very rich source of potassium
which helps regulate heart rate and blood pressure, countering bad
effects of sodium and regulating blood sugar.
9. Avocados are high in antioxidants, these nutrients
are very important for eye health and lower the risk of cataracts.
10. Some studies have shown that nutrients in avocados
may have benefits in preventing prostate cancer.
11. Extract from avocado can significantly reduce
symptoms of osteoarthritis.
12. Avocados also contain high levels of vitamin
C and E, reducing the inflammation that leads to arthritis enhancing
sourced from www.nutrition-and-you.com
Health Benefits of Avocado Leaves
1. Cure kidney stones:
Wash 5 mature avocado leaves, boil with 1 cup of water for
10 min. Strain and drink twice daily for up to 10 days. If
effective, kidney stone will be crushed and appear like froth
2. Smooth the skin: Avocado
leaves can cleanse the pores leaving the skin clean and smooth
moisturizing dry skin. Mashed young avocado leaves into a
paste and apply to skin for 5-10 minutes then rinse with clean
3. Treat back pain: Boil 5 Avocado
leaves in 1 cup of water boil away until it becomes 1/2 cup. Strain
and drink until the pain is gone (min 5 days).
4. Relieves swelling: Mashed young
avocado leaves until smooth and put on the skin that has swollen,
wrap with a bandage and leave for 2-4 hours.
5. Help Reduce Hypertension: Boil
5 mature Avocado leaves in 1 cup of water boil away until it becomes
1/2 cup. Strain and drink twice daily.
7. Eliminate Thrush: Crush young
avocado leaves until smooth paste apply to lip where the canker
sore has developed leave on for 5-10 minutes.
8. Act as diuretic. It increases
your urination to remove waste product.
9. Stabilize the blood pressure:
Avocado treats high blood pressure and prevents strokes and other
10. Reduce asthma attack: Avocado
leaves act as a bronchodilator, reduces inflammation, and increase
the airflow to the lung.
11. Help to cure headaches: Avocado
leaves inhibit the pain transmitter into the brain so headaches
or any other pain is reduced.
12. Help prevent cancer: Avocado
leaves can inhibit the cancer cell growth.
13. Reduces cholesterol level:
Avocado leaf tea can reduce cholesterol.
14. Act as detoxify agent: The
Flavonol compound in Avocado leaves can purify the blood from any
toxic substances and remove them via the urine.
15. Help to treat diarrhea. Avocado
leaf tea causes digestive balance and improves the intestinal function.
It will help to treat diarrhea and any other digestive problem.
16. Increasing milk production during lactation:
Avocado leaves increase the breast milk production in pregnant women.
17. Decreases anxiety and prevents insomnia.
Serotonin regulates the mood, controls the appetite, and
promotes good sleep.
18. Aid in weight loss. Avocado
leaves acts as the appetite suppressant so you can control your
intake and prevent weight gain.
sourced from www.drhealthbenefits.com
This information is intended
solely for the general information of the reader.The
contents is not intended to offer personal medical advice, diagnose
health problems or for treatment purposes. It is not a substitute
for medical care provided by a licensed and qualified health professional.
Please consult your health care provider for any advice on medications
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW
TO LEARN MORE...
HEALING the HURTING HEART