home >> healing
Healing Hurting Hearts Sessions
PEOPLE INVOLVED: (Sourced from Bible Society
Healing Hearts Club)
Have at least one facilitator for every ten children. Additional
staff can be helpful and can be trained as facilitators.
• Between seven and thirteen years old.
• At least in Primary school.
• Traumatized from loss of parents, lived through a war, a
hurricane, flood, earthquake or domestic violence.
• Ensure all children have the authorization form signed by
their parents or guardians before participating in the program.
• Verify that facilitators do not have a criminal record.
Ensure police checks are carried out if available.
• Obtain a written reference from their Pastor.
• Two adults should be with each group of children at all
• Ensuring transparency and providing additional help in case
a child becomes ill or is injured.
• Find out about and comply with government policies regarding
children in your area.
3. Parents or Guardians
Hold a meeting with the parents or guardians prior to the sessions
to help you understand:
• What their child wants to learn.
• How this might affect their children initially and long
• How to listen to their children and support them in this
• Local leaders and/or Pastors should be aware of the Healing
Hurting Hearts sessions and approve.
• Allow about three hours for each lesson.
• Split into two sessions with a short break between the sessions.